Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Movie Review: White House Down

When you’re spending time with the family, you can’t always select the movie being watched.  When I first saw the trailers for this movie, it didn’t interest me.  I watched it this past weekend and my interest didn’t increase.  The only thing that could have saved this movie might have been shirtless Channing Tatum, or possibly a new idea.  I think RedBox was all this movie was worth.

The story, try to act surprised, is a man (Channing Tatum), takes his daughter on a tour of the White House and it gets attacked by terrorists.  There is some more story to unfold here, but ultimately he ends up having to save the president and his daughter from the terrorists and gets a job out of it.  That’s it, pretty much.

In a nutshell, this movie is about guns, blowing things up and all things manly and making women weak and in need of saving.  I think I’ve just described ninety percent of what Hollywood has to offer.  It was like every tried and true idea was used and abused and while Channing Tatum is easy on the eyes, and Jamie Foxx’s portrayal of ‘Obama’ was entertaining, that can’t save a bad movie from an overused ending.  Not worth seeing, except free or for a dollar, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment