Thursday, July 7, 2011

Harry Potter Top Ten List Part 4

Ah, I need to get moving on this list, we’re running out of time!  We haven’t even made it to the halfway point!  I have too many blogs, that is part of the issue.

The following are my most favourite and least favourite character, but we’re at seven out of ten.  You can reference the rest of the list using the tags at the bottom for ‘harry potter.’

# 7 Least Favourite Character: Pansy Parkinson

I honestly think Ms. Rowling created this character for people to dislike her.  She is quite the opportunist and I’d like to think she gets hers in the end.  Her constant bickering with Hermione aside, she is just an unpleasant person.  She preys on other’s weaknesses, an atypical bully.  Yet she throws herself at Draco, who I believe would truly never give her the time of day.

While I realise the series would be incomplete without a ‘mean girl’ or two, she is just over-the-top worthless and I can only wish she had gotten offed in the final book.

# 7 Favourite Character: Molly Weasley

In many ways, this entry pairs up with the last favourite one, Bellatrix.  Who can forget that battle scene at the end of Deathly Hallows between Bellatrix and Mrs. Weasley?  No one – it was iconic.  I can’t wait to see it on the big screen.

I think the most endearing thing about Mrs. Weasley is that no matter what, she is a mom first and she takes this very seriously.  I could go off on a tangent about birth control with respect to witches and wizards, and maybe they did have too many kids, but ultimately, she took care of everyone including Harry and Hermione as if they were her own.  She is the storybook mother you hear about.  But at the same time, she has her flaws, lest we forget Half Blood Prince and Fleur staying with the family to hilarious results.

If not for Mrs. Weasley, I imagine Harry wouldn’t be in as great shape as he is in the series and none of the Weasleys would have the impact they do on Harry’s ultimate success.

No comments:

Post a Comment