Sunday, February 10, 2013

Movie Review: Identity Thief

If you know me at all, you know I may enjoy a good comedy, but I rarely, if ever, pay money to see one.  The first trailer had my interest, but I knew there might be something more and committed to seeing it.  The story isn’t quite as coherent as I would have liked it to be, and the ‘change’ that happens at the end was somewhat predictable yet not so.

Jason Bateman plays Sandy Patterson, a man named after Sandy Koufax, the famous baseball player.  Melissa McCarthy plays Sandy Patterson after she steals Bateman’s identity and charges his credit cards to their max.  Bateman decides to take matters into his own hands to find her and cart her back to Denver.  Of course, this doesn’t go without a hitch and McCarthy is being pursued by a credit bounty hunter and criminals for bad credit cards she duplicated.  The story spirals out of any sensible way quickly, but the laughs are fairly continuous and rather hilarious.  A rather stout comedy and McCarthy and Bateman deliver some great scenes that are well worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment