Tuesday, May 24, 2011

It is Tough Being Right

I’ve been a long-time Supernatural fan, but now that I’ve seen the finale, lame.  I’m usually more verbose, I realise, but this was just pathetic.  The handful of you that might watch this may not want to be spoiled, but needless to say, the ending lacked any, well, any thing.

The basic premise so far was that there was a battle for heaven, and while that sounds like literary gold, it was played up like a teen slasher.  I was waiting for the screaming character to come out brandishing a knife.  The characters lost what little depth they had and any show that centres around Jared Padalecki. is destined to fail.  There, I said it.  That’s really my beef here – he plays the same tired role in each scene.

Jared Crapalecki
I love Misha Collin and Jensen Ackles, but the ending of this past season really left a sour taste in my mouth.  I have little to no motivation to watch it next year, though I fear I will out of habit.  I believe, barring any miracles (a pun considering the content), this next season will be the last one we see of Supernatural, and rightfully so.

No comments:

Post a Comment